Best and Worst Places to Hide a House Key
When you share a key with many people in an apartment, one thing you must learn to live with is to devise a convenient place to hide your key. It’s just a key, so nobody is going anywhere with it. Truly, people misplace their keys, and when one key is left of all the three spares that you once had, then it must be handled with caution. So, the aim of this article is to enlighten you on the best as well as the worst places to hide the remaining key.
Best Place to Hide a House Key
Check them out:
- Trusted neighbor: Drop it with that trusted neighbor who is always home when others are out working
- Dog House: No burglar dares to take a key under the watchful eyes of your dog. Yes, the bark alone will send shocks down his spins
- Dog Lease: Just like the dog house, you may also try the dog lease. This guarantees maximum safety
- Vinyl Siding: Another point you may consider hiding your house key is the vinyl siding. This is an old trick you should give a try
- Key Jar: Also, you may just disguise your jar and repaint it to look as though you use it for other things but hide your key in it. Your cans may also be used
- In-between the wooden wall: If your house is built with gypsum board, then hide the key in-between two slabs.
Worst Place to Hide a House Key
Now that we are done looking at the best places to hide your keys, let’s review the worst places.
- Mailbox: You may be tempted to think that deviant won’t bother to check if you kept your key in the mailbox. How wrong you are! The guy will have to check the mailbox first before looking in other places in your compound
- Under the doormat: The doormat is the typical place a burglar expects that everyday people keep their keys. So, hiding it under the doormat is reaffirming what he already expects
- Flower Vase: Apart from the doormat and the mailbox, hiding your key under the flower vase is yet another bad idea
- Piece of Rock: Sometimes, you may be tempted to pick up a piece of rock and hide your house key under it. Well, that’s typically a bad decision
Taking the right step
Why not save yourself the risk and stress of looking for where to hide your house key by making a spare key for yourself and those you share the apartment with? Give a call to Top Atlanta Locksmith to make another key for you.
Who We Are
Top Atlanta Locksmith is a team of locksmith specialists whose spectrum of services covers the following:
- Residential and business lock changes
- Emergency locksmith
- Auto locksmith
- Lock Installation
- Deadbolt replacement
- Car key replacement and many other.
Truly, the spots you consider the best places to hide your house key could turn out to be terribly bad. So, the risk isn’t worth it; contact Top Atlanta Locksmith to make you same key for an extremely reasonable price today!