Easy Fixes to Start Your Car Remotely
Does your car have a remote car starter that doesn’t seem to be working? You may not have time to bring your car into the shop or see a local locksmith, but don’t worry, Top Atlanta Locksmith has some easy ways to fix your car remote starter that you can do at home!
Each year, the technology in cars gets more and more advanced, and now, most cars have remote starters to turn your car in from the comfort of the indoors. This is a great feature if you live in a climate where you experience extreme temperatures, but like everything, you may run into some technical difficulties with your remote car starter.
Here are 5 ways you can easily fix your remote car starter…
5 Ways to Fix your Cars Remote Starter
- Turn your car on and off -- If your remote car starter doesn’t seem to be working the first thing you’ll want to try is turning your car on and off again. This will reset the software in your car and reboot it so that everything is at the same state as when they test cars, and this will provide you with more information if something more serious is wrong.
- Check remote instructions -- If turning your car on and off again doesn’t work, you may want to check the instruction manual that came with your remote car starter. Check the manual to see if this is a common issue and if there is an easy way to fix it. It could be you just need to change the batteries, or you need to reprogram the remote.
- Check the batteries -- One of the most common things we see here at Top Atlanta Locksmith is dead batteries in remote car starters. If you’ve restarted your car, and you’ve checked the manual and you aren’t sure what’s wrong, you can never go wrong with checking the batteries to make sure they have some juice in them. Trying switching their positions, and if that doesn’t work – you should replace them entirely.
- Reprogram your remote -- If the easier solutions like restarting your car or checking the batteries in your remote didn’t work, it might be time for you to reprogram your remote car starter. This may take a little more knowledge, so don’t be afraid to give us a call at Top Atlanta Locksmith! We can help you reprogram your remote car starter and get it working again.
- Call a locksmith -- When all else fails, give us a call! If you’ve tried everything and you can’t seem to get your remote car starter working, we are here to help! Offering a wide variety of locksmith services, we can get your car starter working in no time!
Call the team at Top Atlanta Locksmith
For all your locksmith needs, give us a call! We are available 24/7/365 and we can help you with whatever you need. Whether you’re locked out of your car or you need help reprograming your remote car starter, we can do it all!